Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary again open to visitors
Are you planning a trip to Bučovice? We cordially invite you to visit the church, which will be open to the public from 3th of July to 3th of September 2023.
|Calendar Month||Visiting Days||Visiting Hours|
|3. 7. - 3. 9.||Monday - Sunday||10:00 - 12:00 13:00 - 16:00|
Visits to the interior of the church may be restricted during ceremonies, cultural events and other justified cases.
- Access is only allowed to designated areas.
- The visitor under the age of twelve must be accompanied by an adult (responsible) person.
- Please respect the basic dress code social rules when entering the interior of the church.
- The visitors are obliged to follow the current measures in connection with the covid-19 pandemic.
- Tours are not barrier-free.
Points of interest in our church:
- exposition about the life of P. Václav Drbola - a permanent exhibition on the life of P. Václav Drbola, who was illegally executed in 1951 as part of the so-called Babice trials, is installed in the church hallway
- amorous statue of the Virgin Mary Hromničné - To the right of the entrance door to the nave of the church is a statue of Virgin Mary Hromničné, which is probably an exact copy of the statue from the church of the Trinitarians in Vienna on Alser Straße and to which it is linked in the first half of the 18th century. Today, however, the site is not perceived as a Marian pilgrimage site, but there is an effort to restore and make known the cult of Marian veneration for the statue of grace; there is a candle stand next to the statue, where one can light a candle and entrust one's worries and pains or even thank Our Lady, the mighty intercessor with God
- painting of Our Lady of Bučovice - the image painted on wood is placed opposite the statue of Virgin Mary Hromničné; it is a copy of the icon of Our Lady of Vladimir or otherwise known as Rusanetz (Russian), the Palladium of Russia; according to legend, the image on wood was once found in a hollow tree near the old castle in Bučovice; the Madonna of Bučovice was supposed to help with jaundice and other diseases
- exhibition focusing on the theme of persecution during totalitarianism - located in the interior of the church from 23. 7. to 17. 9. 2023
The introduction of visiting hours for the public is funded by the EEA Grants 2014-2021 within the project "Restoration of the organ and revitalization of the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Bučovice".